Gionee announced through its weibo account, that they will going to unveil its latest high-end flip smartphone Gionee W909 on 29 March this year. The company post a invitation in Weibo with single line slogan, “This is probably the highest flip phone! March 29, Beijeng See!”
The Gionee W909 that got certified recently by TENAA in China, will features 4.2-inch dual touch TFT HD display with a resolution of 1280×720 pixel, powered by 1.8GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with Mali T860 Graphics Processor Unit (GPU) supported by 4GB of RAM and 64GB inbuilt storage and 2GB of RAM with 32GB of internal memory and it further expandable up to 128GB via microSD card and will runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop OS.
The upcoming Flip phone Gionee W909 will sport with 16 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash and 5 mega pixel front facing camera. Earlier images also revealed fingerprint sensor and leather-like finish on the back. The Gionee W909 will come in Golden color and is rumored to be priced at 4,000 yuan (US$ 615 Rs. 41,300 approx.). We should know the correct price of the smartphone at the launch on March 29th at time of launching.
Gionee W909 specifications (Rumor)
- 4.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) dual touch screen displays
- 1.8 GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor
- 2GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage,
- Expandable memory with microSD (up to 128GB)
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) OS
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 124.6×62.5×16.4mm, Weight: 210 grams
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS connectivity
Gionee really taking a risk to launch a flip dual touch flip phone, which is not much more market share. So we just wait for its lunching to see how it will work?